Resources for First Aid/CPR/AED (r.11) Instructor Candidates
Thank you for your interest in becoming an American Red Cross-certified instructor.
- First-time instructors follow instructions for "Instructor Candidates"
- American Red Cross instructors whose certification expired no more than 2 years ago follow instructions for "Crossover/Re-entry Candidates"
- Instructors Certified with Other Organizations, such as the American Heart Association, follow instructions for "Quick Start Instructor Candidates"
Crossover/Re-entry Instructor Candidates
Quick Start Instructor Candidates
- Administrative Terms and Procedures
- Common Participant Skill Errors
- Course Record
- Course Record Addendum
- Directions for Using the Course Record and Addendum
- Expanded Activity Directions
- Guidelines for Conducting American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Review and Challenge Courses
- Manikin Decontamination and Use
- Participant Course Evaluation Form
- Participant Progress Log
- Instructor Agreement and Code of Conduct